12.22.2013

Steve's adventurous life continued...

I need to document Steve's life better. I mean really? Who lives like this? In ONE year?! Actually these trips are in half of a year--June to December. These pictures don't include his Philippines or Germany trips which also happened during this time period. 

E. Timor 
(island off of Indonesia--declared independence about five years ago)




Tahiti
(Um, where was his wife for this one?? Oh yeah, Utah. :) Maybe one day when tickets aren't $2000 a piece I'll get to go with him... )



Found the temple!


He got to spend the night on the battleship New Jersey with the scouts. Like they slept ON THE SHIP. Cool, no?


And he ended the year with a trip to Myanmar (formally known as Burma). It's in southeast Asia west of Thailand, east of India, and south of China. He says it's his favorite new country because of the fascinating culture.





It's a hard life this guy leads, I know. 

I know.

We are so blessed that he is doing exactly what he wants to be (although not quite in the way we were expecting). Steve is a foodie and loves travel and new cultures, so he is really in his element. It's kind of a challenge to have him gone on long trips (Asia is never anything less than a week), but it helps that he loves what he is doing. I wouldn't want it any other way. I feel like I experience the countries and cultures with him when he goes...minus the food part, which I'm okay with. Chinese food is great as long as it's the fake American kind :). Plus we really reap the benefits from sky miles and hotel points, which make the things we want to do together more affordable! I try to remember those things when he's gone. Again, blessed are we. 









1 comment:

  1. Holy blog updates!

    A) I'm jealous of your husband's travel log, well in a if-i-weren't-a-mom-and-pregnant-again sort of way
    B) That dock you campered near in the post below is amazing and I want to do a photo shoot there
    C) Good job on your turkey!
    D) That photo of halloween and the reflectors off his jacket is so funny to me!
    E) And sometimes I think "aw, college!" and then I realize that it's only the social life I miss sometimes, but never the tests ;) and even then- I would never go back and lose the life I have now. Good times for sure! But... I'm too tired for any of it now. ;)

    ReplyDelete