Our October can be summed up into a couple of words.
Church.
and
Business trips.
And somehow Halloween snuck up on us.
*Seriously, I think the last three months snuck up on me...where did they all go? I think I'm mentally back in September still? This second half of 2013 has been insane!*
Anyway, I didn't take many great pictures of things in October. AND I was just not feeling Halloween this year. I don't know what the deal was...I didn't decorate until the day or two before and it was minimal. We finally got some pumpkins but never carved them. I didn't do much to pump Jaden up for that holiday, and as a result I think it took him awhile to get a hang of what was going on. But we still ended up having a good time! Oh well, there's always next year to be supermom, right? Maybe that was my problem. I had no desire to be the super-crafty-blow-things-out-of-proportion-all-things-holiday mom this year. And I'm okay with that. Judge me if you will :).
Moving on...
I thought I'd have one more year to dress Jaden in a costume I picked out, but oh no, that child knew exactly what he wanted to be! The very first time I asked him what he wanted to be for Halloween, he told me a firefighter! I thought his answer might change, but after a couple of weeks of repeated opportunities to change his mind, I figured I better find the boy a firefighter costume! It was just so funny because like I said, he didn't really understand the concept of dressing up at that point. He also isn't really into fire trucks or firefighters. I have no idea where that came from! He did make a pretty cute one, though!
![]() |
| The highlight of the night...running into a REAL fire engine downtown! Whoa those reflectors... |
| Trick or treating at Uncle Mike and Aunt Connie's! |
| Showing off the loot! |
And here's a random October picture. We combed his LONG hair for church one day and he just looked so cute to me. I usually don't let his hair get that long, so he's not used to us combing it. It was an experience that neither of us enjoyed, so Dad had to intervene. The end result was good, at least! :) Love that boy!


No comments:
Post a Comment