Happy Valentine's Day last week!!!
A few weeks ago we talked about how we wanted to celebrate Valentine's Day this year. We're kind of getting to the point where it's becoming more of a family holiday than a romantic 'couple' holiday, so we came up with some ways to make it a fun evening at home.
THEN I got a phone call from my Relief Society president the day before Valentine's, asking if she and her husband could please have a playdate with Jaden so Steve and I could go out for dinner. Seriously?! That was SO nice of them to offer and Steve said we'd be crazy to not take them up on it. So I whipped out my dollar store decorations on the 13th and we ate frozen pizza by candlelight.
THEN, on Valentine's Day, Steve texted me a bit throughout the day telling me he wasn't feeling well. We decided to stay home after all, and called the RS pres to cancel. I didn't mind staying home--just felt bad to be changing things on other people last minute. But they were understanding and said they would definitely be up for babysitting another time, so we are going to take advantage of that sometime soon! We decided to get take out from a nearby restaurant like we did last year. Even though we had eaten frozen pizza the night before, I HAD to have a BBQ chicken pizza from a local place with the BEST barbecue sauce ever. Oh man, it seriously changed my life. Anyway. So I went out to pick it up and Steve decorated while I was gone. And he was wonderful and spoiled Jaden and me with balloons, treats and roses (not roses for Jaden, just me, let's clarify :)). It ended up being a nice relaxing night and Steve made it fun even though the poor guy was not feeling well at all. I am getting more and more convinced that Valentine's Day is going to be a really fun family holiday :). AND we're really liking the idea of ordering take out. We don't have to cook, but we don't have to put up with the crowds. After two years in a row, this method of celebrating may just become our family tradition!
| Teaching Jaden how to be a pyro... |
I sure love my two Valentines!
{Heather}
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun couple of nights! I agree, Valentine's day is such a fun family holiday. We did our own version of a candlelight dinner and our kids had so much fun!