Today I threw away all the sweets in our house.
Homemade cookies.
Homemade brownies.
Christmas candy from 2012.
Christmas candy from 2011. (Ew...?)
Etc.
Etc.
I wish I felt really proud of myself for throwing it all out,
but I'm too busy feeling gross for eating way too much
before actually getting up the nerve to do it.
Why oh why is it so hard to throw out sweets?
We shouldn't feel obligated to consume the WHOLE batch of cookies just because we made them...
And how did I let myself get so many treats into our house in the first place?
Where did they all come from?
And how did I let myself get so many treats into our house in the first place?
Where did they all come from?
Oh yeah, I MADE them?
I have the hardest time with eating sweets in moderation. I can't have just one brownie. It's either none or five. Seriously. So I usually don't eat many sweets. USUALLY I'm pretty good. But not right now....
I have the hardest time with eating sweets in moderation. I can't have just one brownie. It's either none or five. Seriously. So I usually don't eat many sweets. USUALLY I'm pretty good. But not right now....
Oh January and February, why do you make me want carbs and sugar so badly?
I stay inside all day because it's so cold, eat heavy foods because produce stands are closed, have more time to BAKE fattening desserts :), and I'm not even exercising right now because I hurt my neck somehow a few weeks ago and it's still not back to normal. Recipe for disaster right there. No wonder I feel so gross and a few pounds heavier!
Okay, whining session over.
Junk food is gone!!! Hooray!
I'm SO over the sweets!
I'm SO over the sweets!
Here's to beating out the January and February blahs.
Any advice for being healthy and active in the winter?
And what can I do for exercise while I have a sore neck?
And what can I do for exercise while I have a sore neck?
I need all the tips I can get!
Oh and when I was taking this picture, Steve looked at me like I was nuts and asked me if I was really taking pictures of the garbage. Sorry for the graphics...just documenting the evidence of my commitment to be better! :) Ugh, it makes me sick just looking at it!
Way to go Audrey! I am so with you. I have been trying to do the same and know exactly how you feel. I don't think I could throw out our sweets without my family being sad...think i will just have to resist the temptation. If you are doing no sugar I will gladly participate because I have been asking Brandon to help me consume less sugar. What are you doing to substitute or get out of the habit of grabbing it? I can't go cold turkey_sadly tried that this week. I have been buying produce to substitute.
ReplyDeleteGood job! I have a hard time throwing stuff away too.
ReplyDeletemmmmm. Brownies sound good right now....
ReplyDelete;)
I am the same way - I always know that if there are sweets in the house that I WILL eat them, no matter what goals I make about moderation. And part of me feels like, "I should have two servings so that it's gone sooner and it won't be around to tempt me." Bad idea!
ReplyDeleteI love to still eat something sweet to replace my treats, like really yummy yogurt, "cookies" made out of bananas and oatmeal, or a particularly sweet orange or apple. Also, drinking lots of water and snacking on protein should help you feel full and keep your blood sugar from dropping (and prompting a sugar crave). Your post today inspired me to try better again. I've been in the same blah you have!
Good for you girl! It's soooo hard! This week is my first week back on track in a couple months. It's a little embarrassing how much weight I put on! Dang holidays. Thanks for the encouragement!
ReplyDelete