One of the coolest things about being married to Steve is that we have
the SAME BIRTHDAY!
This year, we really wanted to celebrate at Pirate Island in Orem
(kind of like Chuck e Cheese but pirate-themed)
but then we moved so that corny idea was out of the question.
But I wanted to surprise Steve with something fun,
so I decided to bring Pirate Island to the East.
So here are some highlights:
the SAME BIRTHDAY!
This year, we really wanted to celebrate at Pirate Island in Orem
(kind of like Chuck e Cheese but pirate-themed)
but then we moved so that corny idea was out of the question.
But I wanted to surprise Steve with something fun,
so I decided to bring Pirate Island to the East.
So here are some highlights:
He found a treasure chest (aka recipe holder) full of his favorite treats
Starburst and Butterfingers.
Starburst and Butterfingers.
Mmmm, Steve's favorite--combination pizza.
We somehow managed to find candles in all our stuff, but not matches...
There was no way I was making a big cake because
1-I still haven't discovered most of our kitchen stuff
and 2-then we'd have to eat it all at some point.
Besides, Steve loves chocolate eclairs more than cake, anyway.
So it was a win-win-win.
Oh and the singing of Happy Birthday was definitely the best part of the night.
It went something like this:
"Happy Birthday to.....us...?"
Which was followed by us taking turns blowing out one candle at a time.
We're nerds.

Lucky boy got a whole bunch of "old man" work polos.
Too bad the real job dress code won't allow for Hollister...
Too bad the real job dress code won't allow for Hollister...

Lots of earrings!!!
My man has good taste! :)
He also gave me a coupon that's good for a morning of tandem bike riding out on the boardwalk at Ocean City!!
What a sweetheart...that's something I've ALWAYS wanted to do!

And then the rest of the evening consisted of 3 (or was it 4?) episodes of 24.
Perfect day...
Perfect day...
Happy 25th/23rd babe!!
I'm loving growing old with you!!!
(and boy, are we getting old already...)
I'm loving growing old with you!!!
(and boy, are we getting old already...)

We totally thought of you guys yesterday :) glad to see you had a good birthday!
ReplyDeleteI love that you guys have the same birthday. That is so fun!
ReplyDeleteAnd that pizza looks soooooo good....
You guys are too cute! :)
ReplyDelete