5.07.2014

"We never get snow on the Eastern Shore"



I cannot count how many times people have told us that we are not supposed to get snow in our climate.

And guess what?

It has snowed EVERY year since we've been here.

I guess we brought it with us?

This year was kind of nuts though. I think the total of snow days that school kids had was about eight. There was seriously at least one snow day or delay a week for over a month. For the most part it was icy and windy, not ideal for playing in. But we did get one GREAT snowstorm right at the end of the season (in March when everyone was beyond done with the weather) that was PERFECT. And then it was gone in another two days. I laugh at the comments everyone makes about the snow, but I totally admit that I'm getting spoiled and wimpy the longer I'm out here. I'm glad we don't have to invest in a snow blower and it's nice that I can assume life stops for everyone else when it's white outside.

So great.

Smashing ice pieces on the ground



See the grass poking through the snow? Yep, still a snow day for schools. I totally understand why, but I still find it humorous.



SO much snow!!


This was in March. It was the perfect snowman-building snow! Meet Susie.

Helping Dad

My men.



Learning what happens to ice when it meets hot water
I'm actually really glad Jaden gets to experience snow. I would feel like I was depriving him of....I don't know what...nature?...if he never got to play in it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment