5.08.2014

Miscellaneous March

Part One
We got a visit from Grandpa in March! He stopped by for a few days on his way to NYC for a trade show. It was great to hang out with him and of course we had to have a "go all out" meal while he was here. This time: 

Surf and Turf with steak and shrimp scampi.

Oh. My. 

Plus, he offered to teach me how to make pie because we had been invited to a Pi Night party on 3/14. We made a pina colada pie (mix between coconut cream and banana cream, with pineapple added in) and a lemon meringue. How awesome is it that I learned how to make pie from my father in law? I think it's pretty great.

We love having family come to visit!








The day we took Grandpa to catch his train to NYC, we got to fit in a temple day!
Part Two
Here's our celebration of Pi Day! I made pizza (the day before, but still...)



and then we went to a great birthday celebration for our friend Mitzi. (Mine are the strawberry and banana cream in the back...I need to start making more pie. I need some practice. We try to eat semi-healthy so I just never bake as much as I'd like. ) It was a great night!


Part Three (the photo dump)

We spent a good many March days with this lite brite.


And one of my favorite parts of the evening is bath time. Apparently it's Jaden's as well :).



Amazing the difference a couple of seasons makes! The first park trip of the season had Jaden on the big kid swings, bigger slides, and climbing things he'd never dared touch last year. He's getting so big!

My own personal photographer follows me everywhere.

Working hard.

This was my favorite. I asked for an uninterrupted evening to finish some quilts I was working on. So for guy night, Steve hooked the computer up to the TV and they visited countries on Google Earth. Haha! They traveled to St. Petersburg Russia, Bejing China, Tokyo Japan, and beyond, seeing highlights on Google Earth's street view. Steve even showed Jaden Vancouver and took him on a tour of his mission. Jaden loved it--especially zooming in from the globe to a certain area. Can you say nerd alert? :) We love this little boy who is so into geography! I am the one with the kid at the park who is driving the big wheel or sailing the boat to Mongolia or Myanmar to see his daddy. Hahaha! I love it. 



How's that for a totally thrown together post? Wow, I need to stay more on top of this blog! It was a laid back March, but we enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment