The upside to Steve's long trips is that sometimes Jaden and I get to see family in Utah while he's gone. I pushed really hard for this trip because I wanted to go to the general YW auxiliary training that happens the same week as conference. Just my luck that I would find out that meeting was no longer happening AFTER we booked tickets. Oh well, it was still great to see family anyway!
 |
| Playing with the trains at Great Grandma Hayward's house |
 |
| Pillow pile! |
 |
| Huge plus: I got to be there for this lovely lady's birthday and party! Ninety years young! |
 |
| Visited the Bountiful temple grounds while waiting for Grandma and Granddad. |
 |
| Sleeping in the Cheesecake Factory. Time changes are hard. |
 |
| It's been a couple years since I've made it to a BYU game, so we took advantage of the Blue and White scrimmage they have every spring! Love my alma mater. |
 |
| Went on a couple of morning hikes with Stan. LOVED spending time surrounded by mountains and fresh mountain air. |
 |
| Another huge plus: Got to meet my beautiful new niece, Lydia, and even attend her baby blessing! |
 |
| Had a wood crafting day with Britt, Felecia and Julie. The boys got to have a special movie downstairs. Boys "frozen" on the love sac while watching Frozen :). |
 |
| Craft #1 |
 |
| Craft #2 |
 |
| This stud got answered to prom! |
 |
| Spent some time quilting at Aunt Jan's. Thank heavens for deadlines like a trip to Utah so I could finally finish some projects I've had sitting around forever. |
 |
| Finished! It went to my grandma as a birthday present. She taught me to sew, so I figured she'd appreciate it. I told her it was a hug from Delaware anytime she wanted one :) |
 |
| Spencer came home from work with a HUGE bike box and this was the creation he came up with. |
 |
| Sir Jaden! |
Jaden and I got to have a zoo day, just the two of us! It was SO fun!
 |
| He wouldn't be his father's son if he didn't have to stop to notice the chickens everywhere :) |
I lived in Utah for 23 years and never got tickets to General Conference. I decided to change that this year :)
 |
| Went to the General Womens Meeting with my Madre, Julie and Felecia. |
 |
The Sunday afternoon session with Charley, Ally, Britt and Pedro
|
|
 |
| Love these boys! |
 |
| AND I got to spend an evening at Blue Lemon with these lovely girls! It was so great to catch up! I miss them all! |
Oh how I LOVE love love Utah. It was a great trip.
I'm so sad we were home with pink eye the night of the dinner! I would have so loved to catch up with you and everyone! I hope, for my sake, your husband has another trip ;)
ReplyDeletewish it would have worked out to see you! :( maybe next time
ReplyDelete