Almost seven years ago (Seven years?? Sheesh I'm getting old...) I sang a song with my junior year high school choir class.
It was a beautiful, soft, lullaby-sounding arrangement of
"Getting to Know You"
from the classic musical
"The King and I."
When we learned it, my sixteen-year-old self decided I was going to sing that song to my babies someday.
Then I forgot about it.
I hadn't heard that song for years...
until when a couple of days after we brought Jaden home, I set my iTunes on random and a recording of the song my choir had done came on.
I sat there listening and cried.
So happy to be a mom, so in love with this little boy, but so overwhelmed because I didn't know anything about him.
So I started singing to him, and that song has become one of our lullabies.
It's been so fun "getting to know" Jaden and his little heaven-sent personality.
Today he's a month old and I can't believe how much he's grown and changed already!
Right now Jaden:
*is an observer.
From day one he has had bright, alert eyes ready to take in everything.
*eats on demand.
Usually every three hours.
All night long.
So fun for Mom...and not too bad if she can get in the 8:30-10:30 am sleep along with him.
*isn't smiling for real yet,
but is showing a hint of two darling dimples.
Can't wait for those!
*loves bath time as long as he has a warm washcloth over his tummy
and DAD is giving him the bath.
*puts up with tummy time for about a minute...
while trying to decide what he thinks about it.
*falls asleep to Mom reading scriptures to him around 1-2 in the morning.
*is stimulated more than relaxed by Mom singing to him.
(Which makes lullabies kind of counter-productive, but we're working on it, haha)
*makes really entertaining confused and pooping faces.
*has the cutest hiccups that make him sound like a squeaker toy.
*takes a pacifier because Mom really doesn't want him sucking his fingers
(which he tries to do anyway).
*is overall a patient, laid back and easy going baby.
We just love him and the last month has been indescribable.
I've tried to savor every moment, but time is still going too fast for me!
It was a beautiful, soft, lullaby-sounding arrangement of
"Getting to Know You"
from the classic musical
"The King and I."
When we learned it, my sixteen-year-old self decided I was going to sing that song to my babies someday.
Then I forgot about it.
I hadn't heard that song for years...
until when a couple of days after we brought Jaden home, I set my iTunes on random and a recording of the song my choir had done came on.
I sat there listening and cried.
So happy to be a mom, so in love with this little boy, but so overwhelmed because I didn't know anything about him.
So I started singing to him, and that song has become one of our lullabies.
It's been so fun "getting to know" Jaden and his little heaven-sent personality.
Today he's a month old and I can't believe how much he's grown and changed already!
Right now Jaden:
*is an observer.
From day one he has had bright, alert eyes ready to take in everything.
*eats on demand.
Usually every three hours.
All night long.
So fun for Mom...and not too bad if she can get in the 8:30-10:30 am sleep along with him.
*isn't smiling for real yet,
but is showing a hint of two darling dimples.
Can't wait for those!
*loves bath time as long as he has a warm washcloth over his tummy
and DAD is giving him the bath.
*puts up with tummy time for about a minute...
while trying to decide what he thinks about it.
*falls asleep to Mom reading scriptures to him around 1-2 in the morning.
*is stimulated more than relaxed by Mom singing to him.
(Which makes lullabies kind of counter-productive, but we're working on it, haha)
*makes really entertaining confused and pooping faces.
*has the cutest hiccups that make him sound like a squeaker toy.
*takes a pacifier because Mom really doesn't want him sucking his fingers
(which he tries to do anyway).
*is overall a patient, laid back and easy going baby.
We just love him and the last month has been indescribable.
I've tried to savor every moment, but time is still going too fast for me!
Audrey, I loved that song! I want to sing that to Kyson now. Just enjoy the time with him, I already feel like Kyson is growing up too fast and I miss my little baby who would rock in my arms! I guess I'll just have to have another!!!
ReplyDeleteAww... ♥
ReplyDelete