I think it's safe to assume Steve and I are not the only ones in the world who think going on regular dates is hard, especially after adding a kiddo to the mix. Please tell me I'm right?? Not to mention, when we do get out it's even harder to find something creative to do around here. Dinner and a movie is nice, but EXPENSIVE here. Plus we love to do random things, and when you live in the boonies it can be a challenge to come up with new things to do. It seems like the big thing around here for locals is to go drinking on Friday night. Doesn't really work for us...
When Julie was visiting us in April, we took advantage of the free babysitting and decided to go do something. Anything. We had a couple of ideas but somehow they both fell through...? I don't even remember what they were. Anyway, we ended up at Subway pulling our classic "split a foot long so we can feed two people for five bucks" move. Don't worry, we knew how pathetic we were being :). Hey, getting out is getting out, right? Finally we decided to drive by the ghetto movie theater that plays one showing each night of one movie. As long as it wasn't rated R, we were going to it. As luck would have it...R. So we kept driving until we ended up in Berlin, MD. You know, the town I keep talking about where they filmed Runaway Bride? It is THE cutest little town ever. (It was called Hale in the movie, which is on Netflix. You know you want to go watch it again. :) ) I've never eaten at the restaurant in the main floor of the Atlantic Hotel, so we decided to go get dessert there. Yay for something new!
It was AMAZING. We ended up spending $20 on dessert. Later when we were telling some friends about it, one guy said, "You know, I don't think I can say that I've ever spent four times as much money on dessert as I did on dinner." Haha, yep that was totally us.
Afterward, we went to the front desk to see if we could be shown a room upstairs to see what they were like. (Remember the kid in the movie at the front desk playing the video game with the headset? Haha, oh I love love love that movie.)
They said they kept some rooms open and we could just go up there and look around. So we went exploring! AND I found the room at the end of the hallway they used for Richard Gere's room and the door was open! So I was about to walk right in when I saw from the doorway that the TV was ON and two sets of legs were laying on top of the bed. UM AWKWARD!! If you're staying in a room, SHUT the door! I totally almost walked right in their room! Hahahaha I'm sure that would have completed the night just perfectly! Luckily the disaster was averted at the last second though...it was hilarious :)
I took lots of pictures, but I was trying to be discreet and there was really bad lighting for my sad little phone, so they don't do the place justice at all. We ended up having a really fun time though, and are saving our pennies to go stay there for a night someday. Date night was a success!
I tried to take a picture of the outside, but it was way too dark. So there's a picture at the bottom of what the hotel looks like in the day, courtesy google. :)


















Now I have to go watch Run Away Bride! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, I love that movie!!! That sounds like a fun date night! :)
ReplyDeleteI want to stay there!
ReplyDelete