
Our little family actually made it out camping this past weekend! It's amazing what can happen when you actually write a goal down on a calendar! Steve and I have been camping several times in our marriage, but this was the first time on our own. It's just so hard to make it happen! But Steve had gotten a new tent for Christmas and was itching to try it out, so we did the trip kind of as a trial to see how much we would need to adapt our camping style to having a little guy running around. Surprisingly Jaden did really well! He kind of had a freak out right at the beginning when we woke him up from his nap in the car seat and then stuck him in a weird tent? Once we got some food in him he was fine. He slept well, too. I told Steve I'd keep Jaden cuddled with me during the night, but when it actually came down to it, he didn't want anything to do with me. He curled up next to Steve and was out the whole night. So lucky Daddy got the fists in the face all night. :) It was a perfect weekend to go--not too hot, cold, humid or busy. We were one of two tent camp sites rented there that weekend. Everybody else was doing what we call "campering." Huge RVs with wifi, cable hookups, etc. I think everyone was looking at us and wondering if we were crazy for sleeping in a tent and cooking over a fire. We thought we were crazy, too, for getting a campsite that had MOWED grass and tons of amenities like a pool, general store, playgrounds, dog park, MINI GOLF, etc. I guess camping is just a little different out here, but we're making the best of it :).
 |
| This kid LOVES bubbles. |
 |
| The Polynesian--our AMAZING tin foil dinner. Does everything taste better over a fire? Or are you just so starving by the time it's finally done that it just becomes that much better? |
 |
| Jaden got his best sleep when he could take over the whole bed :). |
 |
| Good morning sunshine! |
 |
| I love that my hubby loves dutch oven. It's definitely one of the perks I get in this marriage, haha. :) |
 |
| Someone slept VERY well. |
 |
| Peach dumplings, mmmm. |
 |
| I thought this picture was hilarious. I wanted to document our treats but a little hand was a little too excited... |
|
 |
| ...as you can tell! |
 |
| I guess if camping includes free mini golf, we may as well take advantage. |
 |
| I told Steve that outdoor cooking was a man's domain. Really it's my excuse for not wanting to cook. He responded by making me build my first-ever fire, chopping the wood and everything. Let's just say it was awkward and took awhile. |
 |
| Boo. Yah. That was all me. |
This may just become a Mother's Day weekend tradition. :)
How fun and way to go on your fire! I don't even know what wood is. ;) You almost have convinced me that camping could be fun. Maybe one day we will have to try it.
ReplyDeleteThis looks like so much fun! We haven't been camping since we've had kids. I'm a little scared to try it but this gives me hope :)
ReplyDeleteI NEED a dutch oven after reading this!
haha mowed grass?! CRAZY.
ReplyDelete