5.15.2012

jadenisms



I know I say that every stage Jaden has been in is such a fun stage, but I really mean it with this one. He is 16 months old and is starting to be such a ham bone! We just laugh at him all the time! We are constantly amazed at the things he is learning and figuring out on his own. Most of these special things we love about Jaden are just little, but I know I'm going to forget these little things if I don't write them down. So here's some cute Jadenisms:

Jaden learns the signs to Primary songs really quickly. His favorites are Book of Mormon Stories (his "are about the Lamanites" fingers behind his head melts my heart every time), The Wise Man and the Foolish Man, and Popcorn Popping. Yesterday he was in the tub jabbering to me. I asked him, "Oh, is that so?" He looked at me and started shaking his finger at me. What? Oh! "It wasn't really so... but it seemed to be popcorn popping on the apricot tree!" Oh my goodness I started laughing so hard! I couldn't believe he connected those! 

He LOVES roaring like a lion. A few weeks ago we were out for a walk on the sidewalk in front of our house. We were pointing out the grass, flowers, trees, bushes, weeds :) and then I showed him a dandelion. He pointed at it and roared. Because of course, a dandelion is a type of LION. :)

Ask Jaden to tell you a joke and he gives you a cheeky little laugh. Yep, it's funny. 

Speaking of cheeks, Jaden knows where his cheeks are. If you ask him, he'll put both hands up to his cheeks and smile really big. We found out the other day that "Say Cheese" to the camera sounds a lot like "Cheeks." So all his pictures are starting to have him holding his cheeks while he smiles. :)

Other things Jaden does:
*points to almost all his body parts. If you ask him to point to his nose, he will and then has to point to every other person's nose in the room.
*clasps his hands to pray every time he sits in the high chair
*can pound/fist bump/give stones, whatever you call it
*giggles like crazy at the grossed out face I make when I change his poopy diapers
*would eat nothing but strawberries if he could
*pulls his shirt up to find his belly button. It's funny and kind of mean to ask him when he's wearing a onesie...
*says Mama, Dada, baba (bottle), nanana (banana), es! (yes)
*signs please, thank you, more, all done, and choo choo
*sings songs 
*LOVES stories-we read about 10 at least twice a day
*plays the piano with Daddy
*fell head first off the side of the couch today :( hopefully we learned our lesson
*has had pneumonia TWICE
*takes the missionaries' name tags and iTouch
*is in 18 month shirts and is in between 12 month and 18 month pants
*loves to play with balls, cars and doggies
*is fluent in doggie barking, cow mooing and car vrooming
*watches Dora the Explorer, Go Diego Go, Yo Gabba Gabba and Sesame Street
*talks on the phone, magnet, measuring cup, or anything else that is about the same size as a phone
*goes backwards down the stairs
*can now open our doors... eek!!!
*has a bedtime routine including turning on the frog (his music), closing the door, turning off the light, praying, and getting his bottle, doggie and blanket
*is such a ward baby. Seriously, I think he owns the entire ward. Everyone knows him and loves him which is a good thing because Steve and I have a hard time watching him AND trying to do our callings each week. Six more weeks till nursery!!!!

Oh there's so many more things but I'll stop there. We just love him and it's so fun to have him in our home. It's getting to the point though where we just cannot keep up with him! I'm a little nervous for this new stage, the "I can get into everything you've baby proofed so you need to totally revamp our whole house or just let things get messy" phase. Oh boy, here we go! We love our little bambino!

*And now get ready for a huge overload on pictures of this kiddo from his most recent photo shoot from my amazing cousin Elise*











4 comments:

  1. I love it haha!! he is so cute!! some amazing person took some great shots..hmm. Love you! It was so good to see you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like amazing parents. Parents I could use some tips from! :) and these photos are precious- what a fun personality he has! And if you call this a photo overload then what would you call my blog? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey- he is the cutest little boy! Reading your blog about you and your little family makes me so excited to have a little boy in our family! :) I can't believe how grown up he is. I loved that he roars like a Lion haha! His pictures are so great at capturing his personality! Next time you are here, we need to get together!! :)

    ReplyDelete