Yay for the Easter season! We had an Easter egg hunt filled week. Jaden was a pro by the third hunt. Sadly I didn't get any pictures of our Wednesday playgroup, but the next day we had some little neighbor girlies over in the evening for a little egg hunt in our front yard.

On Saturday we went to a community egg hunt put on by a local church. They had over 5000 eggs in a huge field. Right when the egg hunt started they used a farm spreader to throw out a ton of eggs. It was hilarious! Jaden was tired so we picked up four eggs and left to beat the traffic. It was fun though! And we love how every big event out here happens in a field :).
Our Easter Sunday was great. I love Easter and what it represents, but this year I just couldn't get into the holiday as far as the secular celebrating goes (putting three Easter egg hunts in a week aside), so I didn't do baskets or egg dying or anything. And because we were still kind of recovering from conference last weekend, I didn't even plan a big dinner. I was telling the Primary presidency that during church and one of the ladies took pity on Steve and invited our family over for dinner. So my poor little family got to have ham for dinner instead of the cheese quesadillas and chocolate coconut ice cream we had planned. ;) Steve was even nice enough to go behind my back and surprise me with a little Easter basket with my favorite treats after I told him I wasn't going to do anything for him and Jaden. He's a stinker and a sweetheart, that one. It was a very happy and windy Easter Sunday 2012!

Looks like fun! Glad you guys got to spend your holiday together as a family! :)
ReplyDelete