3.01.2012

january travels

January was the month of travel for our little family. Steve had several work trips planned back to back--for awhile back in December it seemed like every day when he came home from work he had planned another trip. Okay not really, but close. It kind of made my head spin to think about. His schedule?

Jan 6-7: Our Baltimore getaway
Jan 8-20: China/Mongolia
Jan 22-27: Georgia
Jan 27-28: Scout campout
Jan 29-Feb 2: California
Feb 2-5: A brief weekend in Utah on his way back from Cali to see family

My parents came to see us from the 5-15th. It was great to have them there while Steve was gone, but I was still going to be alone for three weeks. So, what are frequent flyer miles for if not to spend last minute on a ticket for my parents' same flight to Utah? Jaden and I headed out there with them and then caught the same flight back east with Steve three weeks later. It was a LONG month to be apart, but we still had fun spending precious time with family!

Granddad (and Grandma) made it out to see us!
And Granddad was sure excited to show Jaden all the parts of the airport from the plane.
We landed in Utah at about midnight. That didn't stop these two crazies from driving up from Provo to come surprise us! They tried to convince us they were dating...um, no. Sorry, not buying it. It was hilarious though! :) PS Jaden was just a little tired, haha.
We saw Grandma...
...and had a much needed girls night with these lovelies.
I had two things on my list of must-do's while in Utah. The first was a BYU basketball game. When it came time to go, we were concerned about weather. So we changed plans and went to a Jazz game that weekend instead! Definitely a worthy substitute!


My other must-do on my list: skiing. Pedro took work and class off for one day so he could come with Madre and me up to Sundance. And he was even nice enough to *attempt* to do up my way-too-small ski boots for me...
The snow wasn't great and we got rained on and soaked, but it was SO fun and refreshing!
Of course we had to spend some time with the Howells! I didn't get very many pictures because I usually rely on Julie's camera skills :)

Jaden's first experience with pizza. I think we have a winner :)
FINALLY reunited with Daddy!!
Steve and Stu--watch out world when these two get together...
We had a great weekend with Howells and Haywards while Steve was in town. Gardner Village, Zupas, movie night at Shawn and Britt's, and a family pizza and games night all gave Steve an opportunity to spend some time with his family who he rarely gets to see. I was glad he was able to make it out. He had an insane month of travel that I'll hopefully be able to blog about if I ever get pictures from him :). I was SO happy to get him back, though!

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous you got to spend so much time with your family!!! Although I can't imagine having Tony gone for that long. You are a trooper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a month!? I would die- you are strong! I hope you never have to go that long again either!

    ReplyDelete