9.30.2010

it's about time.



A couple of weeks ago I finally made it to the DC temple for the first time.
We had a stake relief society temple day so I got to go with a few friends from our ward.
It was great to see members of our stake; it's so spread out that I don't know how much we'll actually get to do on a stake level.
That's kind of new for me-I'm used to lots of stake functions and knowing people in other wards.
Maybe we'll get there eventually.

It's also been a new experience to live so far away from a temple.
Being almost 3 hours away has really increased my desire to go.
Funny how living 10 minutes away from a temple never did that to me...
I guess I never fully appreciated what I had until it was gone.
(Well, not gone...just harder to get to.)

I love the DC temple.
I never expected life to put me living in that temple district,
but I'm so grateful for the opportunity.
It's gorgeous and HUGE.
Being there was exactly what I needed.

Looking forward to getting back there again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny (well really sad actually), but I go to the temple more now than I did when I lived 10 min away from one! It's 8 hours and $15 in toll fees there and back. Your testimony will grow so much when it takes a little bit of extra effort to get it there!

    ReplyDelete