10.05.2010

this past week's obsession



I caved.

I HAD to know what all the hype was about.

And the hype was soooo right.

Now Steve is addicted as well.

Seriously, he went so far as to suggest a "reading date" last Friday.

It didn't fly :),
but we've both been engrossed in these books for the past week or so.

I've been surprised because it takes a lot to turn us into "readers."

I don't think we've ever read a book series together and probably never will again... (?)

Anyway, I just finished Mockingjay and I'm SO sad it's over!

LOVE them!

Definitely recommend them!

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! haha I read the second one and want to read the third one, but I couldn't love them because of the first person writing. I can handle first person with some writers but with this one it's harder for me to get into the book sad I know, but you made me want to go to the library now!! ha hope you guys are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the first books Tony and ever read together! Well not out loud but reading the same series at the same time. You just can't put them down! Tony's not even a big reader and he was up late reading them haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey!! I found your blog from Anna's. YAY!!! You're so cute and prego!!! And you've moved far away, sad :( I'm clear on the opposite side of the USA in Washington state.

    I have not read these books but I'll put them on my list. Good luck with pregnancy!!!! (I'm prego too, but only about 10 weeks)

    ReplyDelete
  4. someday I will not be in school and that is when I will manage to read SOMETHING of my own. Till then it's nothing but Shakespeare, Milton and Virginia Woolf for me!

    ps - I found that glider online. Ridiculously expensive but sooo pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the first one last Christmas for our "family book club" we held while we were on our cruise. Loved it! Jason downloaded the 2nd and 3rd ones for me to listen to over the next while. I'm sure I'll like them as well given all of the good reviews.

    ReplyDelete