1. I have been told 3 times in the past two days that I am pregnant. I guess I look it.
2. How much difference could there possibly be between strollers? Enough of one to matter?
3. Can any car seat fit on any stroller or do they have to be bought as a complete travel system?
4. Theory I heard today: The way your child kicks in the womb will be the way he turns out as a child (i.e. a roller, calm, all over the place, etc). If that's the case, we are going to have one energetic wiggler.
5. Thank heavens for insurance.
6. I am starting to run into my stomach. I can't get up off the couch or my bed the same way anymore because I have a belly that pushes me back down.
7. It is SO FUN to be a part of Daddy/baby bonding moments. Especially when baby kicks Dad's hands and you can see the excitement as Dad thinks about all the cool things he's going to get to do with his 'lil bambino.
8. Chocolate. Chocolate chocolate and more chocolate. Can't get enough. Oh and yogurt, too.
9. Time is flying by. But I've also been pregnant forever. How does that work?
10. Can't WAIT to have a little boy! Loving the Mommy/baby bonding times, too! It's scary but so fun at the same time. And so far the middle of the second trimester has been the best part of pregnancy. Loving it!


As for strollers and car seats there are a billion to choose from!!! Brands do matter because the cheaper ones tend to fall apart sooner. You have to buy travel systems if you want the stroller to hold the Car seat, but you will only use them together for about 5 months.
ReplyDeleteWe didn't go with a travel system and it turned out just fine. It might be a tad more convenient but not by too much.
ReplyDeleteas for brands: Graco, Graco, Graco all the way. It's been super great to us.
We love our Graco carseat. For our stroller we bought a cheaper one and I kind of wish we would have just bought one that we really wanted now that I realize we can use it for more than our first kid! However, I do like the one we have. You just have to pick and choose when you're on a tight budget!!!
ReplyDeleteYou look great!
Audrey, we got a car seat, and got a stroller from a friend. They don't fit perfect, but it worked out okay. If you are going to buy a car seat and a stroller anyways, I might do the combo, just because then it will snap in and you will know it's secure. Like the others have said, all the baby stuff adds up...and it all just gets spit up on anyways, so you really don't need to get all matchy cute stuff!!
ReplyDeleteYou are looking so cute! I splurged and got me a jogging stroller and I LOVE it so much. It was expensive, but we waited til it was on sale and we had a 20% off coupon, so it wasn't AS bad. We got a Graco carseat that fits in the jogging stroller. Em loves going for rides in it. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteAs far as stroller what they've been saying is true, Brand matters. If you want a standard stroller combo I agree; get a Graco. But if you want a jogging stroller get a BOB. They're pricey but I wouldn't get anything else. I LOVE mine. It's so smooth and compact. You're looking so cute too by the way!
ReplyDeleteMy daughter was so active in my tummy and guess what?! She runs and climbs all over the place all day and which leaves me dead and tired by the end of it. So, YES!! Totally, active babies in the tummy are super active after birth.
ReplyDeleteI bought a Graco travel system, which we totally regret. Madi's car seat fits in most strollers. Even in my jogger. I wish I would have just gotten a jogger and an umbrella stroller since they're so small (car seat obviously doesn't fit in umbrella, but before you know it the umbrella will be your best friend. Plus an un-tacky one is only $20 from Target).