4.28.2009

"Leave No Trace"

WE DID IT! The semester is finally over! This has been the hardest month of my college career and I'm SO glad it's over. :) Happy, happy day.

We rewarded ourselves with a little getaway camping trip to Southern Utah. It was so much fun! We galavanted down to Moab with our good friends Alex, Melinda, and Stuart. We met up with Russ and Michaela when we got down there and spent the night just outside of Moab. The next morning we headed off to Arches where we spent time hiking to Delicate Arch, Devil's Garden, Balanced Rock (not really a hike) and a bunch of other random arches. It felt so good to be outside in the sunshine and fresh air! Then we headed over to Canyonlands and watched the sunset from Dead Horse Point. Seriously, nature is breathtaking. I LOVE the desert landscape beauty.

The next morning we took off down to Cortez, Colorado which is about ten miles from Mesa Verde. After lunch we went and took in as much of the national park as we could. It was incredible! We remembered going there with our families as kids, but weren't prepared for how fascinated we'd be with the ancient Anasazi culture. It was awesome. So much so, that we spent a good portion of the next day there as well, until we headed home that night.

It was a short trip, but so relaxing and rejuvenating. Camping can do that to you. I'm so glad that summer is well on its way!!

PS sorry about all the pictures, but I had a hard time deciding which ones to post so I just put up a bunch!




So the married couples accidentally matched each other, haha.

Yay for friends with awesome picture-taking skills... View of Dead Horse Point

Landscape Arch
Steve and me on the top of the world

Yay for Colorado!
Cliff Palace at Mesa Verde

Making arches in the watermelon
Outside the Monticello temple

2 comments:

  1. That looks like such a fun trip!!! You got some super cute pictures of the two of you. haha I love how the couples matched!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics, Audge! Keep them comin' ;) And I love everyone you mentioned . . . can I marry into the group too so I can be a part of all the adventures? Haha . . . you're great!

    ReplyDelete