4.07.2009

New Shoes and Moisturizing Beads and Guns...oh my...

Yay for new shoes! So last weekend my awesome mom got the family together for a little getaway at a lodge up by Jordanelle. It was so nice to get away and watch conference in a warm condo overlooking the beautiful Park City landscape with my family. On Saturday between sessions of conference we headed out to the outlet stores for our Easter tradition--shoe shopping! A few years ago my mom decided that she would rather buy us new shoes for easter than candy. She figured that since it wasn't good for us and we would leave our Easter baskets on our dressers for months getting the plastic grass everywhere, she would just use the money to get us fitted for spring instead. Awesome? I submit that it is.



So I found these super cute shoes at one of the outlet stores and fell in love. I'm an avid boater and love the nautical look and they looked super comfy. (I actually got them in pink instead of blue though, which are even cuter!) But since they were on clearance, they didn't have my size. But no worries, right? Apparently you can buy them in the store and they will find a store that carries them and ship them to your house for free. Also awesome. We decided to do that and went on our way. Well they came today! Hooray!!! So I ripped open the package and the first thing I see was a clearance sticker on the shoebox that said $20. Fine, except that I paid $40 at the store!! LAME!!! So because they hadn't been marked down at the store I was at, I had to pay twice as much! Basically, I just paid $20 in shipping I guess. Oh man. Some things are just too good to be true. But I still like them for $40 so I'm just going to wear them as much as possible to get my money's worth!


Steve just laughs at me because he's never seen anyone so excited about a pair of shoes before. The difference between guys and girls=about 20 pairs of shoes. Another thing he can't understand is why soap needs to have moisturizing beads in it. I found this great hand soap a couple of years ago--Softsoap Ultra Rich Shea Butter with Moisturizing Beads. He came out of the bathroom tonight wondering why in the world it made a difference. Try explaining the need for moisturizing beads to a man. Just try. All I got was a blank stare and a look like "whatever, I'll just have to accept the fact that I live with a girl." Haha it was, again, awesome. It probably looked like the looks I give him all the time when he starts talking about AR-15s or some other random gun which I know absolutely nothing about but I look super cool holding (unloaded of course--he knows better than to give me a loaded gun).





Yep, we're definitely learning the differences between guys and girls. :) But it's awesome. (By the way, ALL I was doing was looking at the scope and I was not aiming at ANYONE or ANYTHING, promise! This picture is a little freaky looking) ;).

5 comments:

  1. Those shoes are SUPER cute! haha I love your story about explaining moisturizing beads. That is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I love it, Audge! Guys don't understand the need for moisturizing beads and the result is they always have dry cracked hands! If they only took our advice, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shoes...and how great of the store to do that for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shoe are super cute! Shoes are awesome -- totally agree! As are moisturizers . . . and you . . . and Steve . . . :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Audrey I love the shoes! They are so fun. Thanks for your comment- it made my day! Thanks for being such a great friend!!

    ReplyDelete