10.04.2014

When in Myanmar...go to Bagan.

Bagan Myanmar is home to more than 2200 ancient Buddhist temples, pagodas, and monasteries. When Steve was in Yangon, he had a Saturday with no business appointments, so he caught a cheap flight up to Bagan for the day. Because seriously, why the heck not? When else would he ever get a chance to go there?? I'm SO glad he went. These pictures are AMAZING. And I have a feeling this trip will forever be a highlight of his life. While a part of me wished I could be there with him, I love experiencing these crazy cool places at all, even if it's only through the pictures, stories and "surprises" (souvenirs) he brings home. Southeast Asia is SO fascinating!
















How cute are these kids?!


Steve's cab driver asked him if he wanted to see a traditional lacquer shop. Um, sure?! So he took him to this little sweat shop where they make all kinds of furniture from hand and export it all over. Super cool.

All hand drawn and carved. I think this is a desk...

No comments:

Post a Comment