Julie and Emily were SO nice to come out and watch Jaden while I went to Young Women camp. Emily had only been home from her mission for like a week or so. I was SO grateful that they would come so I wouldn't have to farm Jaden out to ward members for the whole week while Steve worked. It seemed like everyone had a ball while I was gone!
Crazy story...Emily trained a sister from our stake! Sarah was supposed to be going to Brazil, but her visa wasn't going through, so she got sent to LA while she was waiting. Sarah ended up having to come home for some medical problems (a tick born illness, poor thing, but she's better and back out in LA now). So when it worked out to have Emily come babysit, I asked both of them to come up to camp for a night and speak to the young women about being everyday missionaries. They did such a great job!
| They taught Jaden to play Uno Attack...his new favorite game! |
They even made Steve and me a birthday dinner and made my dessert of choice--a chocolate oreo trifle! It was fun to have family around to celebrate with.
Julie surprised Steve with a scrapbook of his life that she had put together. What a treasure!
Oh I love family. It was SO great to spend some time with Julie, and of course with Emily for the first time in 18 months.

No comments:
Post a Comment