2.28.2014

this talking child keeps us laughing

*Our nightly scripture reading consists of Mom, Dad and Jaden each reading one verse. Without fail, Jaden will pick up the Book of Mormon, find a spot, stick his head in and say, "Nephi was a prophet." We have had a few "verses" that are a bit longer, like "Nephi built a boat on the beach," "And the ANGEL said unto me...among the Jews..." He's also given a few "talks" from the pulpit after church about Nephi.

*Steve showed us a video he took in Myanmar of a traditional Asian dance he saw while dining at a nice restaurant. Part of the dance had two people dressed up and dancing like a big elephant (one in front, one in back kind of thing). Jaden watched that "elephant" dancing and said, "WOW! I wish I had a trunk!"

*At dinner one night:
Steve: Jaden, are you going to eat your food on your own or do I have to sit here and make you?
Jaden: Sit here
Steve: Why do you make me feed you every bite when you know I don't like it?
Jaden:  Well, you don't have to like it.

*Climbing across the top of the couch, Jaden explained to me what he was doing: "Well FIRST, you have to climb on this like an iguana."

*At lunch one day right after Christmas, I was talking to Jaden about prayer:
Mom: Did Jesus pray?
Jaden: Yes
Mom: Who did Jesus pray to?
Jaden: Heavenly Father
Mom: So who do we pray to?
Jaden: Santa Claus!



2 comments:

  1. Hahaha I love the "you don't have to like it" one best! Kids are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to like it! (but in fact, you love it. :) )

    ReplyDelete