I actually really love having Valentine's Day as a family holiday.
We've made a tradition of getting take out and eating at home. This year we got my favorite BBQ chicken pizza from a local pizza place (hmm, maybe we did that last year too? Whoops...) Anyway, it was a lovely low key day.
 |
| I need to take advantage of the one day a year our house can be PINK! |
 |
| Uh...selfie anyone? One day we'll trust Jaden with the camera... |
 |
| Steve blew me away with this poster on our kitchen table when I woke up. I am always home when he is, so he had to plan it a few days in advance. That preparation and thoughtfulness was as much, if not more, of a gift to me than the actual poster. It totally made my day...and made me guilty because I totally spaced it on the gifts this year. I was totally that person at Walmart ON Valentine's day, trying to find a card and gift...but at least I was in good company with a dozen or so men doing the same thing ;). |
 |
| I tried to be creative with my last minute gift, though. Steve is hard to shop for because one of his main love languages is service. He's not super big into gifts or material things. So I just got him five different tokens of how I'm going to serve him better this year. My personal favorite was the duck dynasty beard I got him, because he's always asking me permission to grow one but won't ever go through with it. Now he's always got a back up beard for when he feels the urge to be a mountain man.haha :) He can't say I don't support him in that endeavor... |
 |
| And because we had MORE than enough candy to go around from my cute poster, I decided to get Jaden a Cars camping chair so he can fit in with us this spring on our camping trip. This isn't the greatest picture ever, but he was really excited about it! |
So cute! Man, BBQ pizza sounds amazing!!!
ReplyDelete