We're alive! I've neglected our little family blog long enough. Time to catch up on the MONTH that we were in Utah with family and the fun/crazy happenings since we've come home.
We did SO many things in Utah, but here's one of the most important:
My brother's wedding!
Our families were so great to plan showers around when I could be there. It was so good to see everyone and have more of a chance to visit.
Steve had a crazy summer. I'll post more details about that later. But suffice it to say, he was the sole person responsible for the amazing chocolate-covered strawberries at Peter and Britt's luncheon. And he made them all not too long after flying in straight from the Philippines. He's pretty much a big deal.
Looking back now, I wish I had taken more pictures of the actual wedding day. I had spent a lot of time behind the camera on Daniel and Ally's wedding day, and I knew Peter and Britt had amazing photographers, so I wanted to just enjoy the day. Someday (hopefully?) I'll get some of their pictures and share them on here.
It was BEAUTIFUL. Detailed. Ornate. Creative. Handmade. According to my mother in law it was the ultimate Pinterest wedding. :) Brittany and her mom, Stacey, worked tirelessly for the whole six month engagement to pull off an amazing party. And then I didn't take any pictures. :(
However, the best part of the day was definitely the temple. There's just something about seeing your siblings in white making eternal covenants with the love of their lives, you know? I didn't cry as much as Steve thought I would, but I definitely used up some tissues. We Haywards are famous (infamous?) for our tear ducts. The luncheon that my parents put on was wonderful, as well. Peter and Britt had a "couples video" made about their love story that they showed at the luncheon. Remember how their engagement was filmed, too? You'll like this video as well. Their videographer is really creative. They're just so darn cute and sappy together and we're so happy for them. It was a beautiful day and we were so glad we could be part of it!
| Cousin love |
Britt+Pete | Couple's Film from Jared Fadel on Vimeo.
Loved this post Audrey! So happy for Pete and Britt. Can't believe your brothers are married- ah! Where did time go? Loved their movie too! Next time your here we should really get together!! Miss ya!
ReplyDelete