We had a full house for General Conference again this year!
Several youth and our missionaries came over for the Saturday sessions.
They usually go to another family's house in the ward, but that family has called on us to host when they've been out of town over the conference dates. This time the youth wanted to go to the church on Sunday, so it was just one day of craziness for us instead of two :).
| The Gordon men making seven layer bean dip |
Sunday was a lot more relaxed and can I just say I LOVE having conference start at noon. While it makes the priesthood session get out really late (which Steve probably wishes were different), we get to sleep in, make a big breakfast, get ready for the day and THEN turn on Music and the Spoken Word at 11:30. SO nice. We splurged on breakfast this year and made ebelskivers with buttermilk syrup. Thus the need for pictures--sorry if you're one who is bugged by food pics :).
| Cute boy smiling "with his teeth" |
| Markers did the trick to keep Jaden occupied...and Daddy, too :) |
| Leading the music |
We had our YSA friend Marilyn and her "Mormon friend" 15 yr old Courtney from another ward in our stake come over for the Sunday sessions. They came over last October as well, when we introduced to them the legendary Tim Tam Slam. Marilyn is hooked and brought the goods over this year as an in-between session snack. Death by chocolate. I love it.
I LOVED this April session of conference. I always feel like I get so much more out of it when I prepare beforehand with questions or burdens that I'm ready to take to the Lord. My heart felt so heavy before it started and so light after it ended. I know Heavenly Father knows what we need and has given us living prophets and apostles to guide us through this life. The world may be getting worse, but if we follow the counsel of our leaders and stay obedient to the commandments and covenants we make, we'll be happy and strong enough to overcome temptations and endure our trials. The gift of General Conference is a huge tender mercy in my life and is one I'm so grateful we get to participate in twice a year. Can't wait to dig into my Ensign that just came in the mail!!
My brother served in Australia and LOVES tim tam slams. I don't think I've really actually tried it yet though :P
ReplyDelete