Sometimes I forget to document what's going on in Steve's life. He has a much more exciting life than Jaden and I do, if you're judging by stamps in his passport, anyway. Last year he traveled to ___ I don't even know how many countries. Eight?? This year is looking to be about the same. I'm going to try to be better about putting his pictures up here so that you and I remember that he's part of the family, too! :) It's just so hard to blog about something you weren't around for, ya know?!
These two pics are from his March trip to Taiwan and Korea. He doesn't take many personal pictures when he's traveling for work--most are of product and customers. But he did send me these which show off his new cultural experiences:
Kickin' it "Gangnam style" in the Gangnam area of Korea. It's apparently a really high class, ritzy part of Korea most famous for its plastic surgeons and (as a result) beautiful people. Steve didn't want to be an annoying American and ask someone to take a picture of him in shades doing the Gangnam style dance like I wanted him to. I guess you have to act more grown up when you travel alone...immaturity is safer in groups. :)
Naughty boy snuck a picture during gospel doctrine in the Korean ward he went to on Sunday. :) He only met one person there who spoke English (at least to him)--a missionary on his first transfer who actually met Emily (Steve's sister) in the MTC! Small world.
Oh and I just called him to ask about his country total from last year.
(He's off with the scouts this morning.)
TWELVE.
China, Hong Kong, Mongolia, Singapore, E. Timor, Vietnam, Taiwan, Korea, Philippines, France, England, and Japan.
England wasn't for business, and Japan is just a common place for layovers,
but STILL.
He has to hurry and renew his passport because he's out of room (and because it's almost been 10 YEARS since he left on his mission...?!?!) before he's off on another work adventure.
I told you his life was exciting. :)


Wow! He does have a lot of adventures. I'm sure he would prefer to be home with you and Jaden though :) I'm so curious what he does!
ReplyDeleteGeez. I would die of jealousy. If Buck traveled that often and to such cool places I wouldn't last. Because the truth of it is that as a mom you can't go everywhere with them! Sucks!
ReplyDelete