Wow, where have the past few months gone?
All of a sudden I'm in my LAST week of my second trimester!
(This picture was actually taken at 26 weeks...now I'm at 27 1/2. Sorry it's a little blurry)
And can I just say one thing?
The second trimester ROCKS.
Especially compared to the first one.
Everyone kept telling me that while I was puking through the first trimester, but I don't think I wanted to believe them at the time.
In fact, I'm kind of sad this trimester is over.
But not really.
However, I'd like to take a second to document some of my random thoughts from weeks 14-27, before I forget them.
Warning: probably more details than you ever wanted to know about me lie ahead.
*Entering the second trimester does not automatically turn off the vomit switch.
Mine was still on through about week 16 or 17.
However, I still can't eat cantaloupe or drink orange juice.
*I was really ready to start showing.
But now that people can easily see I'm pregnant and make mention of it, I'm not sure how I feel about it.
*My tummy is tight so sometimes it's easy to pretend it's flat.
But it's not.
I'm also starting to bump into things I normally wouldn't have a problem avoiding.
And not make it through tight spaces I normally would.
*Sometimes I can literally feel this kid growing.
Like exponentially.
It's weird to feel your body rapidly expanding.
*It's never been so easy to gain weight.
It's pretty much ridiculous how fast it can come on if you're not careful.
*Speaking of not being careful, this has been the trimester of cravings.
None of my cravings have been for healthy foods.
Oreos and ice cream and hawaiian pizza have been my weaknesses.
Or anything else unhealthy that's visible at the time.
*However, I've also worked hard to eat healthy this trimester,
even though I give in to cravings way too often.
I've never had such balanced dinners since I graduated high school.
That's got to be good for something, right?
*YES, I have had my tummy touched by a stranger.
Yes, it was awkward.
Yes, it was a guy.
ugh, shudder...
*Prenatal yoga is one of my favorite pastimes.
It feels SO good!
I definitely recommend it.
Plus the relaxation is awesome.
*These past couple of weeks I feel like this baby is stretching out.
All of a sudden I can feel him in two completely different areas at the same time.
I'm also starting to feel him in my ribs.
And lungs.
And kidneys.
*Sleeping on your left side is REALLY lame.
I never registered that I was a back sleeper until I learned I shouldn't sleep on my back.
It's been a fun adjustment.
*I'm still trying to wear as many of my regular clothes as possible, mainly so I'm not always wearing the same thing over and over.
I still have a long way to go and I don't want to get sick of my maternity clothes just yet.
However, wearing regular clothes is getting more depressing and frustrating because they don't fit how they normally should. (duh, but still)
(the picture at the top is me wearing one of my normal sweaters...
I swear I look even more huge because of it)
*I really have loved being pregnant during this trimester.
It's such a cool experience and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to bond with this baby.
*Steve has been incredible throughout this entire pregnancy.
He does SO much for me.
He's so patient and such a sweetheart about everything.
I'm so lucky to have him.
Okay, enough sappiness.
So that concludes my train of thought--pretty much everything that's been going on with me for the past few months.
I'm excited for this next trimester--the home stretch--with just 12 and half more weeks to go!
Filled with childbirth classes, nursery preparing, and all kinds of fun experiences, I'm sure.
All of a sudden I'm in my LAST week of my second trimester!
(This picture was actually taken at 26 weeks...now I'm at 27 1/2. Sorry it's a little blurry)And can I just say one thing?
The second trimester ROCKS.
Especially compared to the first one.
Everyone kept telling me that while I was puking through the first trimester, but I don't think I wanted to believe them at the time.
In fact, I'm kind of sad this trimester is over.
But not really.
However, I'd like to take a second to document some of my random thoughts from weeks 14-27, before I forget them.
Warning: probably more details than you ever wanted to know about me lie ahead.
*Entering the second trimester does not automatically turn off the vomit switch.
Mine was still on through about week 16 or 17.
However, I still can't eat cantaloupe or drink orange juice.
*I was really ready to start showing.
But now that people can easily see I'm pregnant and make mention of it, I'm not sure how I feel about it.
*My tummy is tight so sometimes it's easy to pretend it's flat.
But it's not.
I'm also starting to bump into things I normally wouldn't have a problem avoiding.
And not make it through tight spaces I normally would.
*Sometimes I can literally feel this kid growing.
Like exponentially.
It's weird to feel your body rapidly expanding.
*It's never been so easy to gain weight.
It's pretty much ridiculous how fast it can come on if you're not careful.
*Speaking of not being careful, this has been the trimester of cravings.
None of my cravings have been for healthy foods.
Oreos and ice cream and hawaiian pizza have been my weaknesses.
Or anything else unhealthy that's visible at the time.
*However, I've also worked hard to eat healthy this trimester,
even though I give in to cravings way too often.
I've never had such balanced dinners since I graduated high school.
That's got to be good for something, right?
*YES, I have had my tummy touched by a stranger.
Yes, it was awkward.
Yes, it was a guy.
ugh, shudder...
*Prenatal yoga is one of my favorite pastimes.
It feels SO good!
I definitely recommend it.
Plus the relaxation is awesome.
*These past couple of weeks I feel like this baby is stretching out.
All of a sudden I can feel him in two completely different areas at the same time.
I'm also starting to feel him in my ribs.
And lungs.
And kidneys.
*Sleeping on your left side is REALLY lame.
I never registered that I was a back sleeper until I learned I shouldn't sleep on my back.
It's been a fun adjustment.
*I'm still trying to wear as many of my regular clothes as possible, mainly so I'm not always wearing the same thing over and over.
I still have a long way to go and I don't want to get sick of my maternity clothes just yet.
However, wearing regular clothes is getting more depressing and frustrating because they don't fit how they normally should. (duh, but still)
(the picture at the top is me wearing one of my normal sweaters...
I swear I look even more huge because of it)
*I really have loved being pregnant during this trimester.
It's such a cool experience and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to bond with this baby.
*Steve has been incredible throughout this entire pregnancy.
He does SO much for me.
He's so patient and such a sweetheart about everything.
I'm so lucky to have him.
Okay, enough sappiness.
So that concludes my train of thought--pretty much everything that's been going on with me for the past few months.
I'm excited for this next trimester--the home stretch--with just 12 and half more weeks to go!
Filled with childbirth classes, nursery preparing, and all kinds of fun experiences, I'm sure.
I was just talking to my mom the other day about how AWESOME the second trimester is (was actually, I'm only 12 weeks along, technically still first trimester). And the third trimester is tolerable because the end (and all the discomfort that come with it) is in sight. Now, the first trimester is definitely my least favorite. You feel like you've had the flu for 3 months and you also feel like it's never going to end.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited that you're on the home stretch part and that you're going to see your little man pretty soon!
You look adorable!
You look so good woman!!! I am excited to see little man when he comes out! Are you going to be coming home to Utah anytime soon? I would love to make you a baby blanket for your little man if you would like!!
ReplyDeleteThis post definitley brings back some memories of pregnancy! Sounds like you're rocking it though. I loved giving into all of my cravings! I think you should too ☺
ReplyDeleteAlso it sounds like you have a very loving husband. That is always so nice when you need the extra help, encouragment...whatever you wanna call it.