8.19.2010

And the winner is...

I have been sewing up a storm the past two days.
My mom and I bought fabric awhile back for receiving blankets, and since I obviously didn't know what I was having at the time, we bought fabric for each gender.

I had to hurry and get all the blankets and burp cloths made before we found out so I wouldn't get lazy later and only sew the gender-specific blankets.

Isn't this fabric cute?
I was glad it came in both colors.



So last night I finished all three blankets and five burp cloths-
just in time for our sonogram today!

And here's the result:









We're having a BOY!!!!

I was honestly blown away.
I've been convinced this whole time that it was a girl.
Mother's intuition doesn't mean much in my case, I guess, haha.
Steve was SO excited.
I wish I had recorded it. :)
He pretty much went through the roof.
(I'm super excited too, I just had to let it sink in for a minute...)

We had to celebrate, so we went to Old Navy and bought Baby Miguel's (yes that's what we've been calling the bean, haha) first little man polo.
Because the kid has to look like his daddy!
And nothing would make them look more alike than a polo.

{This is Steve's "Honey this isn't cool you're making me pose all cheesy for a picture" face, but I promise he's really happy about this}



So hooray!!!
Let the struggle for finding a name begin!

7 comments:

  1. Being pregnant has always become more fun once I knew when I was having, probably because at that point it became more real. Then it's no longer just this little thing taking over your body but now it's YOUR little girl or little boy (well, but even then it's still this little thing taking over your whole body...literally). I'm happy for you both. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah! I screamed out loud when I read this :) I'm so excited for you. Little boys are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! How fun! Your blankets are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... SO exciting! And I definitely forgot to vote, but I was going to say boy. Really.

    Hmmm... names...

    Parker Steven Howell (I like last-first names :) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats that is so Exciting! Good luck with the whole naming thing were still working on that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAE! Congratulations guys! Way cute blankets too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miguel would work. But I'm sure you'll find some other name that is even cuter!! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete