
Christmas this year was the best! Last year was fun, but with the focus on our wedding, it kind of seemed like an afterthought. So this was basically our first Christmas as a married couple and it was so much fun!

I decided I love shopping for Steve. Not that he's easy to shop for, cuz he's not :), but it was so fun to think of things he might like and how he would react when he opened his presents. I ended up getting him a propane lighter for camping, a lid lifter for his dutch oven, and heaps of clothes. I don't know why I got him so many clothes, but it just happened. Oh and I got him PEZ. Because Christmas isn't complete without it.
Steve was such a little sweetheart and got me the most gorgeous ring. I told him I wanted a ring I could wear on vacation, camping, etc. so I wouldn't have to worry about losing or ruining my wedding ring. I was thinking he'd get me some basic $15 ring from Claire's or something, but no, he went all out and got me the most amazing one ever! Great, now I have two rings I don't want to lose :). He also got me my all-time favorite movie: The Sound of Music. He knows me too well. And I also got a hard case for my computer, a pretty black vase with fake plants in it (sounds weird but I don't know how else to describe it-I promise it's really cool), as well as some shirts.

Our parents were also very generous and got us some things we've been needing but didn't get for our wedding. For instance, we were in desperate need of luggage--I can't even remember how many times we had to ask Steve's parents to borrow some last year when we were headed out of town. At least three times :). And my parents found a great deal on a kitchen table that I just love. We asked for one for Christmas because the one we had was our landlords' and since we're graduating this year and don't know where we'll end up, I didn't want to have the expense of buying our own table come up out of the blue. So now we have our own and we love it.
Oh and one my other favorite presents ever has a funny story behind it. Back in October, Steve and I went out to thai food for lunch with Steve's dad. During part of our conversation, it came up that I never had a LiteBrite when I was growing up. I totally forgot about the conversation, but on Christmas Eve, I opened one of my presents from the Howells, and sure enough, it was a LiteBrite! Steve's dad told me that when he heard me say I had never had one, he thought, "Man, I've got to get that girl a LiteBrite." Haha! Coolest present ever! :) Thanks D2!
No comments:
Post a Comment