Don't you just love taking your time getting up on Saturday mornings? They're the one sleep-in day of the week and I am definitely a fan of sleep. I live for Saturday mornings. There's nowhere urgent to be and you can just relax and clear your mind from the stressful week.
Except today. And probably the next 4 Saturdays. Because today is our "second amendment gun control defending"/"media-affecting auto industry bailout" paper-cramming extravaganza morning.
Hooray for the last month of school! When EVERYTHING is due all at once. Has anyone else gotten that this week? I feel like for the last two or three weeks classes have eased up a little and I've actually felt on top of things for once. But then this past week---waBAM!--all of a sudden there's a 10 page paper due here, a 15 page paper there, two group projects over there, etc. all due within 2 weeks of each other. What the heck? True, I should be a more avid reader of my trusty and well-written syllabi, but what I want to know more than anything else is...
Where did March go??
Honestly, I swear this month just flew by! Which is good because it's definitely not my favorite month of the year. Everything is dead and the weather taunts and teases you. School is consuming and you don't even get a spring break to clear your frazzled mind. But really, this March hasn't been too bad. It could be that I've had the love of my life keeping me somewhat sane :) (or maybe insane enough to have a lot of fun). But really, I've enjoyed school a lot this semester. At least, up until the last steady non-stop push through final projects, papers and tests. It comes every semester, and yet I'm never ready for it.
So here's to all of you degree-seekers who have to give up your Saturday mornings for the next month or so due to the ever-looming crucial school projects. Know that we're all in the same boat and we'll make it through! We always do. Usually it's because we finally reach the point of no return--we've done all we can do and we finally don't care anymore how it turns out. But it's worth the push to the end. The good grades bring such a sense of pride and accomplishment. I'm living for that day.
And I'm living for the day I can sleep in on Saturdays again...


I didn't know that you had a blog! I'm excited though and adding it to my list right now! Hope your doing well.
ReplyDelete...and that is why I love Saturday mornings in the summer soooo much! Haha, love the picture of you two at the end!
ReplyDelete