3.13.2014

he's got the whole world in his hands


About a year ago, I bought an inflatable globe for Jaden. I figured we could use it to show Jaden where Daddy was when he went on big overseas trips. We didn't use it much until the movie Planes came out. Jaden got all the planes toys from Grandma and Grandpa Howell for his birthday, so we made a game out of putting the planes on the countries they were from. That got us started on learning countries and Jaden just blew us away with how many he could memorize! 

(I am not expecting anyone to actually watch these long videos. I'm just preserving them for myself and our little family :))

He seriously knows more than 40 and can point to them in any order on any map. It's awesome, but it takes forever to go through all of them :). I want to remember the countries he knows, so here's a list:

Canada*United States*Mexico*Cuba*Colombia*Venezuela*Peru*Chile (the long skinny one)*Argentina*Brazil*Greenland*Iceland*England*Portugal*Spain*France*Germany*Turkey (the country that you eat)*Libya*Egypt*Madagascar*South Africa*Saudi Arabia*Iraq*Iran*Afghanistan*Pakistan*Kazakhstan (one of my faves that he says)*India*Bangladesh*Sri Lanka (another favorite)*Russia*Mongolia*China*Myanmar*Thailand*Korea*Japan*Philippines*Indonesia*Papua New Guinea (our absolute fave-it's so cute!)*Australia*New Caledonia*New Zealand*Tahiti*Hawaii*Alaska

2 comments:

  1. This is super impressive! He knows where more countries are than the average American!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This child is a genius. And I am loving all your blog updates. Maybe in a few years we can be your perfect cruise-mates!? If Garrett ever decides he's done with school....

    ReplyDelete