Dear new mommy having a break down in the middle of a ward Relief Society Christmas party,
Don't worry. I've been there. You don't need to feel embarrassed because I've totally done it, too. Having a toddler is hard. It's physically draining. Chasing after him while you're trying finish several last minute preparations for your callings can send you over the edge. You're not the first person to sit on the floor of the nursery and cry, and you won't be the last. Don't worry, just hold him and let me help you get your plate of food. It's not hard for me and I've been there.
You do a lot. There are days like today where you feel like you get
stretched in too many directions. There's too much to do and it's not
possible to do everything, or anything, well. You can cry. It's okay. It's hard to try to accomplish all the needs you see in the ward. We
appreciate the big and little things you do, those that fall within your stewardship and others that just need to be done. I know the
end of the year is hard for a first year Primary president. You can do
it. Let me help you. When you need a last minute substitute, come get
me. I'd be happy to help however I can, because I've definitely been there.
Having a husband with a demanding church calling is hard. I've been there, too. Weekdays, weekends, Sundays, home teaching, time with the missionaries, all the miscellaneous stuff that comes up, etc... it happens. You can handle it. Just remember that it was your goal to marry someone who honors his priesthood. The callings he fulfills are part of the deal. That priesthood and those callings bless you, your family, and your marriage, even though sometimes it seems taxing. Be grateful for the man he is. And by the way, you're just getting started. You may as well have a good attitude about it, because it's not changing :). But let me help you. Tell me what's going on and let me encourage you. Because as I said, I've been there. I'm still there.
You can do it. You may not be able to do everything in your calling by yourself, or even with the help of your counselor, but the important stuff will happen. And your family will be fine. Don't be afraid to ask for help. I'm in a position to help and I want to help you. I've had special, heaven-sent people help me along the way, and I want to help you. That's what sisters are for. Keep on keeping on. You can do it. I know because I've been there.
My biggest advice? Don't forget your Heavenly Father. Take all your worries, weaknesses and shortcomings to Him. He'll enlarge your capacities. He is doing so already, even though you may not see it. Have faith in Him and in your Savior to make up what you lack. Pray, pray, pray. And on the really hard days, like today, remember this and this. You are doing God's work. Your motherhood is an eternal partnership with Him. You keep going. Believe in good things to come.
Know that I love you. I've been there. And so has Christ. You can do it.
Love,
Audrey
{Heather} So great Audrey. You're awesome:).
ReplyDeleteI feel like I should have something profound to say to make a comment on this blog. But I'm a hot mess all the time over here, needing letters like this. :) Just wanted to say that I love you.
ReplyDeleteI love this. So many times I feel like this and then am amazed at how I am blessed by other people God sends my way...just like future Audrey in 20 yrs.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great attitude to have about these types of days. Love it.
ReplyDelete