A couple of weeks ago, Steve had to take a last minute business trip to NYC.
So of course I begged and pleaded to tag along!
We actually ended up staying with Steve's parents who were there on business as well.
I love that city and it was so fun to be there with Steve, Jaden, Stan and Julie.
We crammed in as much as possible on the weekend and then Julie and I braved the city on our own while the men worked on Monday and Tuesday.
Did I mention that I love love love that city?
Endless things to do, people to see, places to eat, stairs to climb... :)
Steve and I are getting to be pro at cramming as much as we can into whatever amount of time we have.
Here's what we included in our "turbo tourist" time in the Big Apple:
Train ride from Jersey. Penn Station. Subway. One bedroom apartment rental in Upper West Side. Broadway. Wicked matinee. Times Square. New York style pizza. Toys R Us (never attempt NYC with a baby without an umbrella stroller--you'll need one. Baby Bjorns won't cut it). Grand Central Station. Chinatown. Little Italy for stuffed artichokes and Italian ice. Church (in the same building as the temple). Visit with friends serving as missionaries. Stan's trade show. Walk through Central Park. Concert by music group from Yemen. White Collar. Fifth Avenue. Diaper change in Tiffany's (seriously, the nicest stores have the nicest bathrooms...don't even try to find a bathroom in Forever 21). FAO Schwartz. View of NBC Studios and Radio City Music Hall. Attempt to see Museum of Natural History--twice--and catch the last 10 minutes. Hill Country BBQ. Shake Shack. More Central Park. Mexican food. Gray's Papaya. Carmine's. Crumbs Bakery cupcakes. Train back to Jersey. Drive home.
Thanks for such a fun trip, Stan and Julie!
We loved hanging out with you!





wow. I'm impressed at your cramming skills.
ReplyDeleteSo jealous! This looked like so much fun. Glad you got to go!
ReplyDeleteI love NY too! Jealous jealous jealous. I'm sure Stan and Julie were just in heaven to have you and that cute Jaden join them. What a fun trip.
ReplyDeleteWhew! Made me tired just reading it all:). Sounds like so, so, much fun!
ReplyDeleteLittle Jaden is sure growing!! HE's a cutie. Glad you had a fun little getaway to NY...although your list of what you did makes me tired just looking at it :)
ReplyDeleteJealous!! Isn't Wicked INCREDIBLE??
ReplyDelete