We were so excited for a three day weekend that we thought we'd cram as much as possible into every minute!
On Friday night, our friends Cody and Skye came up to our house and we had an evening of pizza, Bananagrams and a movie.
They stayed over in our guest room and early the next morning
(after Steve's gourmet breakfast of stuffed creme brulee french toast)
we headed out to the beach!
On Friday night, our friends Cody and Skye came up to our house and we had an evening of pizza, Bananagrams and a movie.
They stayed over in our guest room and early the next morning
(after Steve's gourmet breakfast of stuffed creme brulee french toast)
we headed out to the beach!

Jaden has been to the boardwalk several times, but this was his first time out on the sand.
I think he was intrigued with it.
Maybe he's still too little to care... :)

...then had a game night at Devan and Cassie's house with Cody and Skye.
We played Power Grid--kind of like Settlers but a lot more fair. :)
Monday was our CRAZY day.
Steve got to drive to the church (which is 30 min away) THREE times to take care of the flag.
In the morning he did a flag raising ceremony with the scouts,
then we got to go back in the afternoon to raise it from half staff to full,
and one more time in the evening to take it down.
So we just planned our Memorial Day activities around it!
We went to a state park close to us to do some, ahem, nature walking.
It can't be considered hiking if there's absolutely no change in elevation.
But we'll take what we can get!
We found a five mile trail around a pond and it ended up being really fun.
Jaden did really well in the backpack, aside from having to stay in his long sleeve jammies because Mom didn't want him to get sunburned.
It took him a little while to get used to being carted around, but then he slept for most of the way.
But holy moly, was it ever hot.
I don't know if I'll ever get used to this humidity...
Fun weekend! I'm wanting the recipe for creme brulee french toast. Those are two of my absolute favorite foods and together I'm sure they're divine!
ReplyDeleteso fun! I wish I could go to the beach with you!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had such a fun Memorial day! The beach looks way inviting haha! Did you like powergrid? Brandon and I sure love that game- it is kinda hard though :)
ReplyDelete