5.16.2011

A DC Temple Trip

This past weekend we went to DC for the weekend
with our friends Devan, Cassie and their little boy Drostan.

We stayed the night on Friday in a hotel in Bethesda so we could make it to the temple early the next morning.
The plan was to have us go to a session while Devan and Cassie watched the kids, then switch and have us watch the kids while they went.

It worked out so well~

well, minus Jaden waking up EVERY 45 minutes all night long.
And Devan and Cassie getting up at 5 to make it to the 6 a.m. session
only to realize when they got to the temple that the sessions didn't start until 8.
Poor guys...
So they came back and went back to bed.
Then we went at 8 while they took Drostan swimming, we brought back breakfast, and we checked out of the hotel and took the boys to the park while they went to the temple.

A couple glitches in the plan, but it was so fun to hang out with them and SO nice to be able to go to the temple together without having to ask someone to watch our baby for 10+ hours while we made the trip.

And before we headed for home we stopped at B.D.'s Mongolian BBQ for lunch.
Um, hello?
How have we never had mongolian barbeque before?
Mine didn't turn out as well as Steve's did, but it was such a fun experience!
I had been gunning for Cafe Rio because they JUST OPENED ONE in the DC area,
but I'm all for a new experience any day.
We'll just have go back another time for my pork burrito, I guess.
(Or I'll just have to make a trip to Utah) :)

Sadly the only pictures I got were at the park, but it was so fun playing with Drostan and Jaden together.
Drostan is three and he's getting a baby brother in July, so he was really excited to play with the "baby boy Jaden."


I had a couple flash forward moments as we were buckling two kids into car seats, going on a walk with the big boy pushing the little boy in the stroller, etc.
I have a feeling we're going to be having boys :) and it's not going to be too long before Jaden is the three year old pushing his little brother in the stroller!
Ahh! Where is time going?

1 comment:

  1. This is what we do when we go to the temple as well! It's so fun! The DC temple is so gorgeous! I wish that was our temple!

    ReplyDelete