2.17.2011

sleep and skype


Last night we had family prayer
and then Steve put Jaden down at 11 pm.

This morning I woke up to Steve's alarm going off at 6 am.

Instant. Panic.

Why?

Because I didn't hear my baby at all during the night!

He slept from 11 to 7!
And all on his own schedule!
I was so proud!*

*after recovering from a minor heart attack when I thought he was either dead, dehydrated, or exhausted from being left to suffer all night long*
Can you tell I'm a paranoid first time mother??

He usually just gets up once, so it's not like it's been too bad,
but it was so nice to get seven straight hours of sleep!

We'll see if it happens again tonight...

*****

Also, I had to put this picture up because it makes me laugh.
This is how our typical Sunday evenings look--skyping our families!
Thank heavens for technology...
Living far away would be a LOT harder without it.

Steve's sister Emily asked us if we thought putting Jaden in front of the computer so much would give him brain damage.
Umm...I sure hope not, haha.
Otherwise we'll have to give up skype and I know of four grandparents who would not be very happy about that. :)


1 comment:

  1. Technology sure is a blessing!!! I can relate to your story about waking up after a night's sleep. It's panicking at first, but then oh so wonderful after figuring out everything is just fine! Miss you Audrey!!

    ReplyDelete