I LOVE having Valentine's Day around a weekend.
More chances to celebrate!
Friday
I gave Steve a little gift to kick off the weekend...
He had wanted strawberry milk the last time we were in the grocery store,
and like the mean grocery budget nazi I am, I said no. :(
So I was making up for it!
...and then we hooked up our projector in our bedroom
and watched "The Majestic" on the wall.
Saturday
Steve's day
I woke up to this!
I had a card from him and a card from Jaden :)
Then he took me to the mall because he wanted to buy me a dress.
cute head :)
Sadly, because I'm picky and post partum, I didn't find anything.
So instead he bought me a cute sweater. :)
And then we went home, dressed up nice (yay for a cute new sweater)
and went out to eat at a cool Mediterranean restaurant.
Where we got this...
ahem, that is ALLIGATOR!
And it was SO good!
Especially with the raspberry jalapeno sauce...mmmm....
...and this.

Wow, what a day!
I'm so spoiled.
Sunday
We didn't do anything on to celebrate,
but we had a fun evening of dinner and games with some good friends.
Monday
Audrey's day
Man, my day was kind of a bust.
I wanted to do all kinds of cute and creative things for when Steve got home from work, but the day totally got away from me.
But at least I got to spend it with my other Valentine...
Yes, I had control over his wardrobe, haha.
His socks say "I heart Mum"-they were a Christmas gift from Aunt Laura from Germany :)
..and I did at least get this done.
(I heart attacked every wall of our living room)
The pink and purple hearts have little random reasons why I love Steve,
and the red hearts have reasons why Jaden loves him.
I didn't have time to make dinner :(,
so we went to a pizza place I'd been wanting to try.
It was kind of lame.
But then we came back and watched "Red"
--not a romantic movie at all,
but Steve had wanted to see it so that was my gift to him.
I never used to like Valentine's day,
but I LOVE it now because it's so fun to be creative and surprise each other with little meaningful things.
Overall, it was a success! :)
More chances to celebrate!
Friday
I gave Steve a little gift to kick off the weekend...
He had wanted strawberry milk the last time we were in the grocery store,and like the mean grocery budget nazi I am, I said no. :(
So I was making up for it!
...and then we hooked up our projector in our bedroom
and watched "The Majestic" on the wall.
Saturday
Steve's day
I woke up to this!
Then he took me to the mall because he wanted to buy me a dress.
cute head :)
Sadly, because I'm picky and post partum, I didn't find anything.
So instead he bought me a cute sweater. :)
And then we went home, dressed up nice (yay for a cute new sweater)
and went out to eat at a cool Mediterranean restaurant.
Where we got this...
And it was SO good!
Especially with the raspberry jalapeno sauce...mmmm....
...and this.
Wow, what a day!
I'm so spoiled.
Sunday
We didn't do anything on to celebrate,
but we had a fun evening of dinner and games with some good friends.
Monday
Audrey's day
Man, my day was kind of a bust.
I wanted to do all kinds of cute and creative things for when Steve got home from work, but the day totally got away from me.
But at least I got to spend it with my other Valentine...
His socks say "I heart Mum"-they were a Christmas gift from Aunt Laura from Germany :)
..and I did at least get this done.
The pink and purple hearts have little random reasons why I love Steve,
and the red hearts have reasons why Jaden loves him.I didn't have time to make dinner :(,
so we went to a pizza place I'd been wanting to try.
It was kind of lame.
But then we came back and watched "Red"
--not a romantic movie at all,
but Steve had wanted to see it so that was my gift to him.
I never used to like Valentine's day,
but I LOVE it now because it's so fun to be creative and surprise each other with little meaningful things.
Overall, it was a success! :)
Your Valentine's weekend & day sounds like a success to me!!! I love Jaden's little onesie in that last picture. So sweet!
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of writing notes on the hearts, that's so cute. Glad you had an awesome weekend and little Jaden is so cute!
ReplyDeleteVery cute!! I love the 'I love mum' socks, Jaden is adorable.
ReplyDeletelove all the new pictures!!! Jaden is just too cute for words!!
ReplyDelete