11.15.2009

Turbo Tourists: NM



Random trip of the semester:

My dad was in need of someone to accompany him to an away game for his favorite college football team.
(Can you guess which one?)

He tries to go somewhere different every year.
My brother usually goes with him because they share the same passion for football.
But he's on a two year football hiatus while serving the Lord on a mission.
And since my other brother didn't want to leave for the weekend,
Steve and I volunteered.

Oh, the sacrifices we make.

So here's a small recap of our weekend getaway to the enchantment state.

~BYU played a very frustrating game but we luckily pulled off a win.
I felt really bad for the Lobos kicker.
But since they would have won if he had made all his kicks, I don't feel too bad.

~Santa Fe has a really good Mexican restaurant--Tommasita's (sp?).
And an interesting circular capitol building.

~Albuquerque has a Tucanos.
'Nuff said.
We're fans.

~I heard really bad reviews on the radio about A Christmas Carol.
It had some weird parts, but overall I really liked it.
The animation is amazing. I wish we had seen it in 3D.

~Old Town Albuquerque has really fun shops and a charming old hispanic ambiance.
We had green chile hot chocolate.

~The church is true no matter where you are.
And the temple is gorgeous.

~Oh and we found some really random signs we thought were awkwardly hilarious:



Haha.

Glad tidings, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Steve and Audrey,

    I was told by Google Analytics that a few people were finding my blog from yours. I wanted to say thank you for sharing me as a resource; it is greatly appreciated.

    I enjoyed the awkward signs from your most recent post; they are, indeed, very odd and awkwardly hilarious.

    Thanks again, and keep up the good work!

    Take care,
    Ashley

    PS. If you have a PR or marketing related blog that you manage or have access to, I would be delighted to share that with a link on my homepage. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete