2.21.2015

our little liahona lesson

Sometimes the most simple FHE lessons are the best. We've been listening to Scripture Scouts in the car ever since Jaden got it for Christmas from grandparents. One of his favorite parts is about the liahona. The kids on the CD do an activity where one spins around with their finger pointing like an arrow. Another kid gives a situation and the rest have to decide if the arrow would be pointing the right way or the wrong way.

We decided to do this for FHE. We took turns spinning in the middle and holding up "right" and "wrong" signs. Best activity ever. Jaden came up with the best examples of both righteousness and wickedness, some that we were so surprised to hear come out of his mouth.

I know I say it a lot, but I love seeing the Come Follow Me method work in our home. Choosing a lesson that he could relate to and was excited about, and doing an activity on his level that we adapted to his needs made for a successful night.  And just look at that face. He was loving it so much Steve had to sneak a picture while taking his turn as the spinner :).

2 comments:

  1. Wait. What's the "come follow me" method? And hows your dinner planning? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea, Audrey! I think I might try it in our family:)

    ReplyDelete