I've been such a bad blogger this summer, but I'm still here, I promise!
I LOVE serving in the stake. I never thought I would say that because let's be honest, I never thought I would actually BE serving in a stake position. Maybe by the time I was in my 60s, had served in every capacity multiple times and had a wealth of knowledge to share :). Um, NOPE! Turns out I'm supposed to figure out what in the world I'm doing while simultaneously training everyone else who's more experienced than I am! I love the way the Lord works :)
But seriously, I LOVE my current calling in Young Women. I'm nowhere near the most qualified person for the job, but I feel like it fits my personality and talents pretty well. And I'm learning SO much! Oh man, I can't describe how much of a learning curve I've been on the past year. Like planning activities on a stake level-- I still have SO far to go, but luckily I can delegate to so many talented and creative people who pick up my slack so well.
I probably have at least 1000 pictures from my youth-filled summer. I wish I could share more, but I'm just tired. Too tired to even look through all these group pictures to find one where all 100+ people are looking good for the camera. So here's just basic evidence that these activities happened and I was there. :) Maybe someday (hopefully soon) I'll actually journal the incredible experiences I had at each event where the Spirit taught me lessons I hope to never forget.
Anyway, it's been an AWESOME summer! Tiring, but awesome. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I LOVE all these young people and leaders so so much! (I'd like to say I can't wait for next year, but part of me really can, haha. I'm looking forward to it, though...)
June
Young Women's Camp
Diamonds in the Rough
July
Youth Conference
Becoming as the Army of Helaman
August
Youth Washington DC Temple Experience
| Shout out to my wardies... I sure love these girls a lot! |
Oh my goodness, I can't even imagine putting on all of these activities! So much work, but these are the experiences that make a major impact on youth. You are wonderful! I LOVE the stack of temple names!!!
ReplyDelete