1.18.2014

Recap of 2013

Our 2013 Highlights

Why does each year seem to fly by faster and faster? I can't keep up! For the most part, I did well on my theme and goals for the year. I could evaluate them here, but I think I'll save that for another post. Here's a (LONG) list of our favorite parts of 2013!

Birthdays
Steve: 28
Audrey: 26
Jaden: 3
Weddings/New family members 
Ally :)
Brittany :)
Felecia and Braxton :)
And a new niece coming soon to this cute couple! :)
Two visits to Utah
My must-do: boating
Steve's must-do: shooting
Hayward family minus the honeymooners and Steve who was in Tahiti
Howell family minus Emily who's serving a mission in LA
Camping in Lancaster PA


Church callings

Trek in July
Came home from Utah to a month's worth of mail and a new stake YW calling.
 LONG story, but I joked to Steve on the way out to the airport to go to Utah for a month that I'd probably get released from being Primary president because I'd be gone for so long. I specifically remember telling him that would make me sad because as hard as it was to be so busy in Primary, it would be even harder to go back to a less time-demanding calling. I told him I LOVED giving as much as we were currently giving in church service. (Steve's been scoutmaster and YM president ever since we moved into the ward and I had been Primary president for just barely a year and JUST BARELY got a full presidency and secretary called. Poor Jaden was an honorary member of ward council for the first half of 2013:)) Anyway, I hoped our church service wouldn't change. Ha! I'm sure Heavenly Father had a good laugh at that one. Turns out I DID get released while I was in Utah, but not for the reason I was thinking! But that's a story I haven't decided if I want to share in the blogging world yet. Suffice it to say, it was life changing for me and our family. 2013 has definitely been the year of the church callings. :)
My presidency who I just LOVE
 (Heather, I hope you don't mind me putting this up here :). I'd say this was a major part of our 2013, right?!  Just want to share a picture with my family of the amazing women I'm working with! :))
Steve was released as scoutmaster and YM president in November. The last big event they had was when they spent the night on the Battleship New Jersey. We were glad he made it happen before he got released
because he wanted to do that with the scouts SO badly! We have such a great group of boys and leaders in our ward.
 Hosted family and friends in the Howell family hotel

Grandma Hayward came in March and November
Grandpa Howell came on different weeks in both March and November 
Grandma Howell came in April and November
Forrest, Amy and Olivia came for the 4th of July
Russ and Michaela came for 4th of July weekend
Garrett and Jess came for Labor Day and Thanksgiving
Granddad Hayward came in September and November
Stan, Julie and Spence came for Thanksgiving
House projects

Backsplash with help from the Hoffmans
Headboard for guest room bed with help from Stan
Holidays

Valentine's Day
Easter
Halloween
Our first time hosting Thanksgiving!
Christmas
This was as close as he would get to Santa, but at least there weren't any tears!

Jaden's adventures and discoveries

Riding the train in Strausburg, PA
Becoming obsessed with all things trains
Hogle Zoo
Water safety classes


First ferris wheel ride
Fourth of July
Fall festival

National Aquarium in Baltimore for Jaden's birthday experience

 Accomplishments

Audrey learned how to make natural yeast bread
Steve ran his first half marathon and earned his huge 55 inch TV :)
We made our yearly goal of attending the temple quarterly
(even got in a few extra sessions and weddings out in Utah)
Wanted to do nothing but sleep for date night and found a place socially acceptable :)
We made it to the beach together three times this year.
And HUGE accomplishment...we saw SNOW!
One time in the entire year, so you know, it was big.

Hats off to 2013! You're one for the record books :) Thanks for being so good to us. We can't wait to see what we can cram in to 2014!

4 comments:

  1. So fun to read about your year! Holy moly church callings!!! You guys are running the church out there ;) Jk that's awesome. I bet you were the most amazing primary president!

    ReplyDelete
  2. {Heather}
    As soon as I scrolled to the picture I grimaced, but oh well, I have to face reality occasionally. Maybe we can re-take that picture in the summer ... give me a few months;).

    What a great recap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great year! Thanks for sharing it with us. Love, love, love you guys!

    ReplyDelete