11.29.2011

Utah in October part 2

Wow, I'm really behind on my blogging.
Here's the rest of our trip to Utah--the time we spent with the Howells!

Jaden and Poco took some time getting reacquainted with each other. Poor Poco was kind of jealous at first of everyone's attention going to the baby, but he learned to put up with it. He was even patient with Jaden trying to pet him, play with his collar and follow him around. Jaden was fascinated with the dog--even took some begging lessons from him. :)



We had an early Howell Family Halloween party, complete with butternut squash soup, homemade caramel apples, and games. It was great to have everyone together, especially all the college kids who are away from home. We even caught Steve on Skype for a few minutes because that was the night he was home in between trips.






On Sunday we took a drive through the Alpine Loop to see all the leaves. The drive goes from American Fork Canyon back through the mountains and comes out through Provo Canyon. When we got to Provo, we made the rounds to everyone's apartments--Emily, Shawn and Brittany, and Jake. It was so fun to see where everyone lives!
(I also saw Peter's apartment in Provo while I was in Utah. He's living in the complex where Steve and I met. Oh the memories ;))
Anyway, the colors peaked while I was in Utah, and our drive was GORGEOUS. These are definitely the mountains Steve and I miss so much.





And then of course Julie and I did a WHOLE lot of shopping and crafting it up while I was there. We made it to Taiwan Imports and Tai Pan Trading where I so wisely decided to buy a pencil tree for my entry way. It ended up costing as much to ship it home as it did to buy it :). Steve just laughed at me. Anyway, then Julie introduced me to Hobby Lobby and I don't think I'll ever be the same! We have one out here, which is going to be dangerous to my budget. I sure wish we had a Tai Pan, but oh well, I'll take what I can get. :) Julie also let me use her digital scrapbooking program to make some things for Jaden's birthday party coming up, and she helped me make vinyl lettering on her Cricut for Jaden's bathroom. I'll have to put up some pictures if I ever get caught up on our blog.

It was so fun to spend time with everyone--especially Spencer who hung out with me at home, and Brittany and Emily who took time out of their days to meet me on campus.
Jaden and I miss everyone so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment