7.09.2009

Turbo Tourists: Yellowstone

Steve+Audrey=Turbo Tourists.
We decided this after realizing that we're really good at going random places for a couple days at a time. After six and a half months of marriage we've accomplished:
A spontaneous getaway to St. George,
a weekend in Moab,
a week's reenactment of the Mormon pioneers,
a road trip to Yellowstone,
a day in Disneyland...
what's next?

Yes, we have more planned.
(but it's a surprise)


So here's episode one of The Howells:Turbo Tourists.



Meet Yellowstone.



Well, this is not Yellowstone yet, but it's my favorite billboard in the entire world. Why? Because it's in Idaho. It just fits.

Here we are hiking the south rim of Yellowstone's Grand Canyon.
Here are some besties Garrett and Jess hiking with us. If you're looking for an awesome time camping, go with them. They rock.


My Jess E Kaka. Man I miss this girl. Rexburg is so far away and I never get to see her. So we had fun hanging out and trying to keep up with the boys. She definitely won the cutest camper award.

We thought we were going to get a lot of rain. It ended up being great weather--until breakfast the second day. Don't worry, we're great at makeshift shelters.

Great thing about Yellowstone: they speak boy.

One of the only pictures of us and we're not even looking at the camera! Reason: we were looking at the lady who was taking a picture with my camera (take one with mine!), only, she didn't push down far enough so it didn't take. :(
The love of my life and Old Faithful. Is there a better combination? I submit that there is not. Unless you add a Jamba.

It started raining on us again at Old Faithful so we decided to head back to the burg instead of staying a third night. It was perfect timing to get a Mill Hollow sandwich and a Craigo's pizza. Yes both. I have to take advantage of my favorite restaurants when I get the chance.

And after church on Sunday we had to see this magnificent structure before I said goodbye to my second home. Isn't it beautiful?


By the way, camping is totally the way to do a vacation. Cheap, fun, and an excuse to not care about how you look! What could be better?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment, Audge.

    Have I told you lately that I miss you like crazy??!!!! And that I heart your face a lot. We should do lunch sometime. Thanks for being an amazing friend. I love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are such a fun newly wed couple! Camping really is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete